- First of all, you should bring the meat to room temperature. Remove the steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Put your heaviest pan over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, grease both sides of the steak with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak into the pan, cooking the first side for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the steak and cook the second side for 2-3 minutes.
- Add butter, thyme, and pressed garlic clove to the pan next to the steak. Keep basting the melted butter over the steak for 30-60 seconds.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice thinly and serve on a warm plate.